Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Coffee Talk - Aprons

Hi there!  Well it's been a long time.  Recently, I have been looking at this pattern:  The McCall's #1948 Coffee and Doughnuts apron.



It has a circle skirt and is a wrap around type of dress apron.  I find it somewhat similar to the Butterick 4790.


Okay so I don't really like coffee.  What I've done on my own is I made some machine embroidery files for the apron.  One for the right pocket and one for the left pocket. 


I tried to capture the idea of a plate of doughnuts, the doughnuts include one glazed doughnut, one chocolate frosted doughnut, one chocolate frosted doughnut with sprinkles and one pink frosted doughnut with sprinkles, as well as one of those almost bowl-type, heavy, white coffee mugs full of hot cocoa with mini marshmallows, similar to what you might order in a 1950's era doughnut shop.  What do you think?

Recently, I have been making the Lutterloh patterns from different eras in order to make outfits of the 1950's to 1960's or so.  I feel they capture more of my retro style.  I am still inspired by Gertie, (Gretchen Hirsch), and I can't wait until her new second book becomes available for purchase:  Gertie Sews Vintage Casual.  It's so exciting!


      


When I get back to the bullet bra you'll know it here - eventually.

Let me hear from you and any comments or questions you might have!  Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment