Monday, February 3, 2014

LUTTERLOH RE-DO

Hi there!  Well today I used my own measurements of Bust 128cm and Hips 130cm and re-drew or re-drafted the basic blouse pattern er twice for the front bodice piece.  Once with the regular tape measure and the leaflet short-sleeved blouse.  This didn't work.

Then I re-drafted the XL - XXL basic blouse using the tape measure that goes with that kit.  The pattern came out pretty close!  I had to subtract about 1.5 inches or approx. 3.81 cm from the platen edge or the doubled fabric straight piece that the buttons are sewn on edge of the front.  I had to add about 1/2 inch or about 1.27 cm to the under the arm body side of the pattern.  I had to sort of redraw the shoulder and arm circle part of the pattern.  Another thing I did was to make a dart from the middle of the shoulder straight down about 4 inches or approx. 10 cm and about 1.5 inches or so or approx. 3.81cm in width tapering to nothing.  I did an arm circle dart as that works better for me than the side dart and I took out the same amount of paper/fabric for that as the original which was about 3 inches or 8cm at the widest part tapering down to zero.

Trying to find a specific fabric should have been listed first.  Please read my post about trying to find a specific fabric.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment