Tuesday, December 3, 2013

New Bra Pattern Pieces and the Sewing Machine Broke

Hi there!  I hope that all have had a good Thanksgiving and that you all will have a Merry Christmas, or that you have had a Happy Hanukkah or Qwanza or whatever holidays you may celebrate!  Cheers!
******************************************************************************* 

I have taken some more pictures of the bra pieces and thought I would post them here.  Now this is a different pattern than what I had before.  This pattern I made from several different patterns.










This bra is going to be made of mainly non-stretch fabrics like cotton and/or satin.  There will be a small piece of elastic for the very back where the hooks and eyes go.

I have cut out two of each part except for the center piece.  There is a top cup piece, a bottom cup piece, an inner "sling" for uplift and support, a center "spacer" piece (most people would not need the center piece - I happen to be one of the people who does need it), an under the cup band and the regular band.

My problem now is my sewing machine is broken again!  Ack!  I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to fix.  I am using the sewing machine mostly for the embroidery functions and I am guilty of "stacking thread" - that is embroidering one design on top of another.



Suppose you had this design, like I have, and that the colored squares are satin stitches going in a vertical direction...  Well I wanted to put this gold border around the whole square as well as each individual square and have the "lines" be in the satin stitch too.  I think it may have been asking too much?  So I got the thread nest below the embroidery as it was sewing - which I stopped and cut off and removed the thread pieces I could see caught.  Then I tried to start again and it did it again - only this time the stopper did not stop the bobbin case and the bobbin case came out of its track in the hook race and spun around and the needle came down and sliced into the edge of the bobbin case and then punched some holes clean through the bobbin case.  Boo hoo!




I have since changed the design to be a normal fill stitch in the hopes that the gold lines would "work" better, but I just get so frustrated.  In order to complete the design I was working on for my customer, I will have to try continuing the design in the satin stitch for the lines once the sewing machine is repaired.

So there it is, my post for December 3, 2013.  Hope you like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment